Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Guess What's in the Fridge?

Last week, my friend Tom Angleberger, a children's book author who lives near Blacksburg, Va., joined Facebook along with his wife Cece Bell, who is best known for the Sock Monkey series of children's book (not to be confused with Tony Millionaire's Sock Monkey comic strip which is definitely aimed more for adults!).

I decided to welcome Tom to Facebook by saying: "Welcome to the cult. You should try the butterscotch pudding," this was of course in reference to the strange suicide cult in San Diego that was in the news some ten years ago.

Over the weekend, I babysat the family cat Gizmo (see earlier entry) back in Roanoke as my mom went to her college reunion at Winthrop University in South Carolina.

The first thing I did on Friday afternoon was to look in the fridge and see what food was in the house.

Sure enough, there were two butterscotch puddings in dessert bowls that my mom must have broughtt from Heironomos in 1976.

 

Since there wasn't much else to eat in the house, I had them both by Saturday afternoon.

Useful Links:

http://www.sam.riddleberger.com (Sam Riddleberger is Tom's pen name)

http://www.cecebell.com

http://www.tonymillionaire.com (not sure about this one!)

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tilly, you have arrived. Actually, I would have placed this piece of pros in the time period of the Progress-Index... Or maybe late Shenandoah Valley-Herald.

The same demons..

I'm not sure Uma would go for a guy who ate his Mom's pudding while baby-sitting her cat?   Maybe a question for Rumi, Huh?

Oh well, looking forward to seeing what other quotes or obscure literary references you come up with from Google or Wikipedia to write about.

Entertaining.

A person who knew Tilly WAY back when.

Anonymous said...

Ok, if you know me, then you should perhaps say who you are.....