Tuesday, September 26, 2017
We highly recommend the TED Talk from Astro Teller, an entrepreneur, scientist who maintains we can learn a lot from failure, which has been true with this blog........
Our celebrity of the day is Parker Posey!
Here are nine dialogue quotes from comic strips that ran in the Sunday edition of The Washington Post on Sept. 17th, 2017:
1) Aauugh! Shark! (Sherman's Lagoon)
2) No way! (Baby Blues)
3) What's your favorite movie quote? (Pickles)
4) Agnes, did you do your homework? (Agnes)
5) That's your book report? (Peanuts)
6) That's all anyone needs to know (Judge Parker)
7) Eating popcorn at your work station? (Dustin)
8) I know what I'm doing (Big Nate)
9) Sounds good (Baldo)
Monday, March 20, 2017
This image is of NHL goalie Brian Eliott who now plays for the Calgary Flames though he is shown here in a St. Louis Blues uniform; Eliott was recently named an NHL Star of the Week.
Here are lines of dialogue which ran in the Jan. 22, 2017, Sunday comics section of "The Post and Courier" newspaper in Charleston, SC. We went with Eliott because "Peanuts" featured a game of hockey between Woodstock and Snoopy on a frozen bird bath:
1) You stupid bird!! I'm gonna wipe you off the ice! (Peanuts)
2) Ok, if you get him tonight....I get him for three nights in a row (For Better or For Worse)
3) My father hasn't been away very long (Judge Parker)
4) I'm one hungry cowboy! (Dennis the Menace)
5) "You put Oliver in a box! (Pearls Before Swine)
6) Want to sign my petition? (Foxtrot)
7) You sound exactly like Hitler that can't be a coincidence (Dilbert)
8) Did you check to make sure these weren't tested on animals? (Luann)
Now we are free to waste checking out what alt right trolls have been saying about Nancy Pelosi and John McCain on Twitter.