Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Glenvar High's Class of 1988 Has 20th Reunion

 Yes, my fellow Glenvar Highlanders, the 20th reunion for our beloved alma mater is now set for the weekend of Sept. 19th-20th with a tailgate party before the school's Friday night football game and a potential cruise on the Virginia Dare at Smith Mountain Lake the following day.

Our school is located in Salem, Va., and our most famous alumnus is Tilly Gokbudak.

Of course, if you were not around in 1988, you may not realize that Michael Dukakis ran against George H.W. Bush that year, and American politics has been on a continous downward trend ever since!

It was also the year when Scarlett Johansson was three years old!

Life really isn't fair, is it?!:)

In all seriousness, I hope I have a date for this one. If Ms. Johansson is available and not shooting a film that week, my email is tango74@aol.com

I may have to ask the woman I might be dating  if this is permissible, but hey it would make up for not going to the prom in a very big way!

Anyone who wants more information can email me (see above) and if you are indeed a member of our class and not an imposter, I will forward to it to the good people in charge, if that's ok with them.

I would mention all the people I would like to see but that might violate their privacy. However, if any of you from the class of '88 at GHS would like a mention here I will provide you with the address where you can send a payment of $250 and you will see your name here right away! Of course, I might need that money to pay Ms. Johansson's airfare.......!

 

No comments: