Friday, June 13, 2008

Yet Another Bad Movie Poster ("Zapped") Entry 4 of 6

Yes, it was the summer of 1982. I was 12 years old. And, thanks to films like "Porky's" and "Zapped!," I realized I was a heterosexual male even though I wasn't quite old enough to see them. Fortunately, we got cable the following year.

Perhaps, if Christian fundamentalist nuttcases and there are plenty of 'em in places like Roanoke Rapids, NC (not where I live, but it's similar enough), really want to 'convert' gays they should show sexually confused teenage boys these cheesy teen sex films from the Reagan era.

Ironically enough, Willie Aames of "Eight is Enough" was the co-star in this film, and he is now "Bibleman" on some religious tv network. I know he has also toured with the great Satan himself The Rev. Franklin Graham of Boone, NC. I would personally gladly pay $85 to see a Motley Crue reunion concert instead, even though I think seeing them at their peak in 1987 is enough.

The star of "Zapped!" is Scott Baio, aka Chachi, who was on some reality-tv show on Vh-1 in which he tried to find love. I think it would have been great if Erin Moran, aka Joanie, was one of the contestants. Then, I may have watched!

According to Leonard Maltin, "Zapped!" is a stupid satire of "Carrie" in which two college-age guys have telekinetic powers which allows them to zap! women in their breast area and magically remove their blouses and bras.

This may be one of these rare films which would offend virtually everyone, which would almost make it worth one's time, but alas the time 'tottally' sucks. Maltin gave it a 'generous' one and a half stars.

Amazingly enough, this film is being released this week on dvd.

I have to thank my good friend Moviezzz for the tip.

He is now also releasing his own political blog (see link below), perhaps he'll get some pissed-off Vietnam vets who will go to great lengths to actually defend Dick Cheney. I will end this by shockingly saying something nice about Mr. (Vice) President. He makes me nostalgic for Dan Quayle!

Useful Links:

http://www.talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

http://www.stillanotherpoliticalblog.blogspot.com

 

 

 

No comments: