Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bad Movie Posters, "Hardbodies 2" Entry 3 (of 6)

 The 1986 teen sex comedy "Hardballs 2" is the sequel to the slightly less dreadful 1984 teen sex comedy "Hardbodies." I will not publicly state whether I saw these two films, but I was a teenage boy when they both came out.

I was also a bit hesitant about posting this as the poster is a bit more unabashed than my usual fare, but after you've had a right-wing fanatic praise Dick Cheney (What??!!!....Well, I suppose there are Robert Mugabe admirers in Zimbabwe) in the comments section of your blog, one feels a bit less cautious of other things.

Amazingly enough, "Hardbodies 2" is no longer in the Internet Movie Database's bottom 100 list, though it has a meager 2.7.

I must profess when I walked out of the movie theatre showing this film in the Bakirkoy section of Istanbul back in...........(of course, I saw the other film showing there, nudge, nudge, wink, wink) ...........the summer of 1987, I did think it was perhaps the worst film ever made.

The plot line is as follows: A film's crew is travelling from America to Rhodes, Greece, to produce a movie. Before their work is done they will have to face many unusual situations.

Neither "Hardbodies" or "Hardbodies 2" is listed in Leonard Maltin's 2005 Movie Guide, which is always by my computer for entries such as these. But, I will take a very wild guess, and presumes that he thinks they both suck. I certainly do (ooops! I wasn't supposed to say that.)

No comments: