Monday, June 16, 2008

"Raising Arizona" at the Grandin Theatre in Roanoke, Va.

 The classic 1987 Coen Brothers film "Raising Arizona" is showing at midnight this Friday and Saturday night at the historic Grandin Theatre in Roanoke, Va.

Even though I wrote a college term paper on the Coens, I still enjoy their films.

I ranked "No Country for Old Men" slightly lower than a lot of other film fans, but it still made my top ten list.

I am in the process of putting together an updated list now that I've seen some of the other highly touted films of last year, including "Control" about Joy Division singer Iain Curtis who alas become a drug addict, fell in love with two women at once and offed himself at age 23.

But, he did leave us with "Love Will Tear Us Apart, Again" which is actually darker than most Coen Bros. films!

Although, "Raising Arizona" does actually qualify as a comedy. I need to ask my friend Moviezzz whatever happened to boxer Randall "Tex" Cobb who is in this film. I would assume he never went back in the ring.

NOTE: This is the original, not official trailer, whatever that means.

And, this marks my 800th entry........unless I am forced to remove my cyborgsex entry, which has so far caused surprsingly little controversy!

Useful Links:

http://www.grandintheatre.com

http://www.talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

 

No comments: