Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is There a Cure for Jet Lag, Yet?

This will be a short and sweet entry as I need to somehow get some rest and relaxation before taking the 36-hour flight (slight exaggeration) to Istanbul tomorrow.

I have no idea when I will be back on this blog, but I will leave you with Turkish pop diva Ajda Pekkan's cover of the Helen Reddy pop feminist anthem "I Will Survive" in Turkish no less!

 In Turkish, the song has been translated to "Bambaska Biri/The Special One" (hmm...doesn't that title seem more appropriate for a song from The Pretenders).

Alas, I did not get around to seeing "Get Smart" at the Grandin Theatre nor did I get to see the Mill Mountain play production of "Into the Woods" here in Roanoke, Va.

But, when I get back, hopefully, I will see some of my friends in Virginia and North Carolina again. And, perhaps, there will actually be a woman who wants to go out with me. Hopefully, it will be someone who looks a lot like Ashley Judd.

Of course, I could get discovered by the Turkish Martin Scorsese and become the Turkish Harvey Keitel while I'm there, and come back to America six years later as a movie star. I just hope I don't take off all my clothes for the camera like Harvey did in "Bad Lieutenant." Well, then again, I suppose there would be a price for fame.........!

Useful Links:

http://www.grandintheatre.com

http://www.millmountain.org

No comments: