Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rewind_ The Go-Gos Video: "Our Lips Are Sealed"

 I caught a glimpse of this video by the Go-Gos for "Our Lips are Sealed" on VH-1 Classics last night, which was made circa 1981 (I believe). 

Since my friend Jim from Springfield, Mass. (aka Moviezzz) is an unabashed Belinda Carlisle fan, I guess it's ok for me to tell the world that I love the Go-Gos.

I actually got one of their releases on a cassette tape for two dollars at a record store in Charlottesville, Va., about seven years ago. I believe it is the last tape I ever purchased.

While cassettes seem to be going the way of the hummer and California condors, according to "Rolling Stone," vinyl sales were actually up last year. My worst vinyl experience was when I found three Talking Heads albums (including the one with "Life During Wartime") that I had purchased at a Salvation Army store in Pittsburg, Kansas, when I was 16, were (ooops!) locked in the trunk of my mom's car on a hot summer afternoon. Even before the advent of global warming, this was still quite a setback.

But, I did find the Talking Heads' classic 1985 album "Little Creatures" at a record store in Roanoke several years later with one of my favorite songs of all time "Road to Nowhere."

Oh, I was talking about The Go-Gos, wasn't I???????????

Hmmmmmmm.............
Tags: , , ,

No comments: