Monday, June 16, 2008

Trailer for "Howard the Duck" (Bad Movie Extra)


"Howard the Duck" (1986) was one of the six films that I was considering for my series on bad movie posters. But, I thought I would still add the trailer to the film which stars Lea Thompson, Tim Robbins and Jeffrey Jones, here.

"Howard the Duck" laid an egg (pardon the pun) at the box office, but the Marvel comic book created by Steve Gerber, who died in February, remains a classic. Many people think Lex Luthor of "Superman" fame was the first comic book character to run for office, but Howard entered the race against Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter back in 1976.

Strangely enough, "Howard the Duck" is also a Facebook friend of mine. He does claim to live in Cleveland (where the comic book and film took place) and he also proclaims to be an alum of Case Western.

Gerber had a blog, which amazingly enough was still up after his death! But, it has not been updated since April.

I think this makes my third of fourth entry on Howard the Duck........hmm, perhaps, it's time to retire this fowl. But, then again, he is my favorite comic book character of all time.

There is also a new comic book version that I got from Chapel Hill Comics in Chapel Hill,, NC,  in which Howard lost his trademark cigar, and a fan actually put together a trailer for the non-existent "Howard the Duck 2."

Useful Links:

http://www.stevegerber.com/sgblog

http://www.chapelhillcomics.com

 

No comments: