Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I loved this very short, sweet blog entry.........

For anyone else who has ever dealt with some sort of political confusion which seems to happen a lot to men my age (I'm 38) when you wonder if the same liberal politics you've believed in since when Gary Hart was running for president are a bit too utopian to uphold, there is a great blog (see link below) which will help you come to realize that the Republican Party and the conservative movement is a group where intelligent moderates, like Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), seem to be excluded and militant baby fetus extremists with links to the Christian Conservative movement, like Sen.Sam Brownback (R-Kan.), move to the top.

And, for those who think Sen. John McCain, a man I admire more than most Republicans, is a moderate, you should look at his voting record! (He votes with the Christian Coalition 85% of the time! I could understand if he was in Alabama, but not in Arizona!).

Currently, there is a simple entry entitled,"Doing My Part" on the Moderate Liberal blog.

The blogger simply states:

"Is Barack Obama a Muslim? No."

I must say that as the son of a Turkish immigrant who was a Muslim, I find the xenophobia on the right is quite tiring. It has not only been encouraged by idiots like Rush Limbaugh, but also elected officials like Cong. Virgil Goode (R-Va.),  who actually represents the town I work in.

Yes, we live in an age of terrorism, but Muslims were killed in the World Trade Center  as well and if we want to catch these Muslim terrorists, don't you think the FBI will need the help of .............well, Muslims?!

 

Useful Links:

http://www.votesmart.org

http://themoderateliberal.blogspot.com

 

No comments: