Friday, June 13, 2008

Bad Movie Posters_ Jaws 3-D (Entry 5 of 6)

 It was March 4, 1983. My 13th birthday. The worst day of my life. In fact, it still is. My father had died of an abrupt heart attack at age 62 in his bedroom. I was alone in the house when it happened. Later that afternoon, a thought came to my head: "Is there anything in life, worth looking forward to at all?"

And, for some reason, aside from a family trip to DisneyWorld that June, the only thing I could think of was the fact that "Jaws 3-D" would be out that summer.

This actually marks my second Bess Armstrong film in our mini-series of bad movie posters ("Jekyll and Hyde Together Again" is the other). I think the expectations for this film were so high that every teenage boy in America thought it was going to be awesome. Perhaps, it was going to even top the original "Jaws."

The first sign should have been the fact that Steven Spielberg was not directing this film. Those duties went Joe Alves. Secondly, there was little suspense and the damn 3-D glasses didn't do a thing for the movie at all.

The plot is simple: Jaws goes to Sea World. Dennis Quaid and Louis Gosset Jr., come to the rescue, but everyone is so scared!

I was real depressed that the only thing I was looking forward to besides going to Disney World was such a dud.

I must profess that when I was disappointed by the latest Indy Jones film; I wasn't quite as bummed about it. As a grown-up, you realize life still basically sucks, but summer movie sequels really can't change anything!

Useful Links:

http://www.jabootu.com (where I got the image from)

 

No comments: