Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Brooke Shields on Smoking (Quote of the Week)

I got this idea when I saw another quote from Brooke Shields about how 'one can't be a good girl' all their life during the previews for the new "Indy Jones' movie.

(Women should know I saw 'Sex and the City' a night later, and I thought that was the better of the two films. And, yes- I am straight! Alas, Brooke is spoken for... though at least, she's no longer with Andre Agassi) 

 

And, I would love to see this other quote posted on the wall at BJ's Grill in Stokesdale, NC. Alas, many restaurants in North Carolina and Virginia still don't have designated 'No Smoking' sections. But, amazingly enough (as reported in this blog- well, we mentioned it), passengers riding buses and taxi cabs in Istanbul, Turkey, must now put out their Camels!

As for her film, as much as I loved Brooke Shields in "The Blue Lagoon," I think "Pretty Baby" is the guiltier of the two guilty pleasures. Brooke turned 43 over the weekend.

Here is the quote:

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

Useful Links:

www.brookenook.com

www.smokefree.gov

www.whyquit.com

PS-Someone do me a favor and permalink this! It was much more of a pain in the neck to post this than you would think............

 

No comments: