Friday, December 14, 2007

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation at the Grandin (Roanoke, Va.)

Whew! It has been an insane week- to put it mildly.

I got late word that The Grandin Theatre in Roanoke, Va. will have a midnight screening of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" on Dec. 22....I am presuming that means Sat. night/Sun. morning.

Fortunately, Jason Garnett- the manager of the Grandin is a good friend of mine so he can confirm or clarify this.

http://www.grandintheatre.com

The movie stars Chevy Chase..........well, we all knew that.

For what it's worth, Leonard Maltin gives the film three stars, but then again he gave "Taxi Driver" a mere two....but, I think it's a fairly fun film. I didn't realize until just now that it came out in 1989! To think, I was 19-years-old back then. Alas, the late Imogene Coca- who played an annoying relative in "National Lampoon's Vacation" is not in this one!

 

No comments: