Saturday, December 1, 2007

Kurt Cobain Documentary in Greensboro

It has been a while since I've mentioned anything that was happening in Greensboro, which is odd because according to my personal bit info bit here, it is the city where I live!:) Of course, I also say that I live in Roanoke, Va., and I don't mention that I also reside in Rockville, Md., Provo, Utah, and North Platte, Neb.

My good friend Joe Scott, who also lives in Greensboro, but none of these other places, is putting together a special screening of the film: "Kurt Cobain About a Son" at the Carousel Luxury Cinema on 1305 Battleground Ave. in Greensboro on Thurs., Dec. 6th at 9:30 p.m.

Scott is also the host of "The Movie Show" on the UNC-Greensboro student station WUAG-FM on Thursday nights.

The documentary is directed by Al Schnack.

Scott has put together many special screenings in Greensboro, and he wrote a great column in a local newspaper about his love for "The Sopranos."

This new film should not be confused with another documentary about Kurt Cobain by Nick Broomfield, who appeared at the Virginia Film Festival in Charlottesville this year (alas, I was not there this time). That film is entitled "Kurt and Courtney," and it actually alleged that Cobain's wife Courtney Love may have Cobain! This is something we are not endorsing here!

Cobain was the lead singer of Nirvanna, and he died at the age of 27 in 1994? (where is my fact-checker!)...............

Useful Links:

http://www.themovieshow.blogspot.com


No comments: