Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Emir Rauf Gokbudak

I want to wise a happy birthday to my distant relative Emir Rauf Gokbudak. He turns 23 today. I found about him through Facebook.

Amazingly enough, I discovered that Emir is the first Buddhist in the family! But, we already have Christians, Muslims, Jews and well- whatever I am!

He is also a fan of the Istanbul soccer team Besiktash. They are one of the arch rivals of my team GalataSaray.

Emir also likes "The Simpsons."  My favorite Simpsons' characters are the bus driver, Rev. Lovejoy and Apu. I believe all three of those are voiced by Harry Shearer (see earlier entry). And, I know my friend Moviezzz is a fan of that show as well.

Emir lives in the Istanbul suburb of Erenkoy, and in a mere 14 years, he will be my age and perhaps he will be listening to the music of his youth (in my case- Duran Duran, The Human League, Depeche Mode, etc.) even more than he did as a teenager!

UPDATE: By the way, Emir shares a birthday with Turkish comedic actor Sener Sen who turns 66, acclaimed tv/movie actor Richard Widmark who is still with us at 93 and Toi Friddle of Arlington, Va., who turns 12 (saw that in the Sunday "Washington Post").

No comments: