Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Birthday (New Year's Baby) Devrim Kale

I just figured out a way to post easy entries and make my friends happy. As often as I can (and if I am aware of it), I will wish them each a happy birthday here_ until this gets old!

My friend and fellow Radford University alum Devrim Kale was born on New Year's Day, 1976. Hence, he will be turning 32 on Tuesday.

Devrim just got married a few months ago.

Before attending Radford University, Devrim attended The Blue Ridge School in Charlottesville, Va.

He is originally from Edirne, Turkey- a lovely city which borders Bulgaria and Greece. The area is known for its olive oil wrestling tournament (American readers-I am not making this up!). To my knowledge, the sport, which is a form of greco-roman wrestling ,will not be featured in the upcoming Oympic Games from Beijing, China. 

I also do not believe that Devrim has ever participated in olive oil wrestling. Alas, to my knowledge, women still do not participate in this sport either. But, I don't think feminists in Turkey particularly care.

Devrim moved back to Turkey some time after graduating from RU in 1999.

I am not 100 percent sure what business he is now, but I know that at one point Devrim was in the family business_his father ran a car dealership in Edirne.

I had lost contact with him until finding him on Facebook.

No comments: