Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Got My First Christmas Card....(is it that time already?!)

I just got my first Christmas card of the season from my friend Debroah Webb of Denton, Texas. We have been penpal for about eight years now. Both of us have an interest in women's gymnastics- college gymnastics being my primary sports interest.

Deb is a Republican, but she has put up with me even though I told her I was not voting for her state's former governor (that's George W. Bush for those of who blogging in from Erzincan, Turkey), not once but twice. In fact, I actually voted against Bush three times because I crossed party lines to vote for John McCain in a Virginia primary.

But, I expect that this year, the best overall Christmas card I will get this year will come from my friend Tom Angleberger in Christiansburg, Va. Tom's wife CeCe Bell, who I went to elementary school with back in the Gerald Ford administration, happens to a children's book writer and artist. She puts together an awesome sock monkey collection, which includes Christmas cards.

Lastly, I wanted to post an entry about Triad Stage's latest production "Beautiful Star" which is an Appalachian Christmas musical. The theatre is located in downtown Greensboro, and the production has been getting rave reviews, so check it out if you're in the vicinity of Elm Street.

If any of out there are wondering what I want for Christmas, well the answer is---well, anything will do, but I'd love to have a new cd from the punk group The Yeah Yeah Yeahs!

Useful Links:

http://www.cecebell.com

http://www.triadstage.com

 

No comments: