Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh, What the Heck. Here's Cathead Theatre!



I also want to take this moment to wish my relative Gokhan Gokbudak of Bursa, Turkey, a happy 24th birthday. As it is, there are many things to do today, including feeding Gizmo the family cat!

Today is also the 8th birthday of Andrew Womack of Vienna, Va. (that was listed in "The Washington Post"). Happy birthday Andrew, even though I have no idea who you are!

Hope you enjoy this ultra-abridged version of "Hamlet."

I saw a production of the real thing at the American Shakespearean Theatre (formerly Shenandoah Shakespeare, which was in my view, a MUCH better name)  in Staunton, Va., last year.

At this juncture, the troupe is performing three Shakespeare plays, "Merchants of Venice," "Henry V" and "Taming of the Shrew." To my knowledge, none of them feature felines.

Useful Link:

http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com



No comments: