Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicole Johnston

I want to take this chance to wish my good friend and brilliant photographer Nicole Johnston a happy (is it 25th?) birthday. She also happens to be one of the few young women in her age bracket who is actually a nice person!

Nicole, who also happens to be an avid a-ha fan (even though she's not from Bergen, Norway), is a fellow Hollins alum. Through shear luck and coincidence, I was able to take a German film class with her even though Hollins is an all-women's college in Roanoke, Va. 

And, Wanda (pseudonym for the woman I'm pseudo-dating) in case you're reading this, I somehow never managed to go out with any of the women in that class........ Yes, there were some who were quite attractive.............I know you don't believe me, but I am quite shy. 

I can't recall who Nicole's favorite film director is, though I know she has good taste in film, so I am guessing it is not Roanoke's b-movie auteur Charles Cullen, aka The Chicken Man. (He is not the Charles Cullen who is a convicted serial killer from New Jersey, though they are about the same age).

Nicole actually has her birthday tomorrow (Wednesday), but it's late and I'm suffering from insomnia for the 38th or 39th day in a row_ the perscribed medications aren't working (of course!), and I thought I would post this before my cat Gizmo somehow manages to unplug the computer.

Ahh, the birds are chirping and Gizmo is hence jumping up in the window.

Useful Links:

http://www.a-ha.com (Yes, Nicole really is an a-ha fan! But, hey-I really like A Flock of Seagulls, and I want their hair).

http://www.charlescullen.com (This site is not appropriate for young children...well, that's a presumption. But, it is a safe one!)

 

No comments: