Friday, May 23, 2008

In-Joke of the Week.......a Ratt Video



This video entitled "You're in Love" by the '80s rock band Ratt actually starts off with an old movie clip from the Ronald Reagan archives. Which begs the question, which is more painful listening to a Ratt song or watching Ronald Reagan act? (Even though I'm a Democrat, I must profess that he was much better as a politician).

This is part of an in-joke with my friend Leigh Anne Keatts. I hope she gets it. The rest of you can scratch your heads and go to the next entry! (Unless you like bad heavy metal with cheesy lyrics). It should be posted at some point tomorrow, unless I have to make a business trip to Boones Mill, Va. (Hmmmm... a regional joke that no one  in  Worchester,  Mass., would understand. )

I better quit while I'm ahead!

UPDATE: This is NOT a joke. Apparently, Ratt will headline a music festival called Rocklahoma in Pryor, Okl., on July 9. I wonder if Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Ok)* will be there....!

*- He is considered to be the most conservative member of the U.S. Senate. I'm wondering if he's the one who advocated capital punishment for people who work at abortion clinics......

Useful Links (for Ratt fans only)_ http://www.rattpack.com
     (for Tom Coburn fans only) _ http://coburn.senate.gov

Tags: ,

No comments: