Saturday, May 17, 2008

Images of North Carolina (9 of 10)_ The Coffee Cup in Charlotte

I must say this was perhaps the most complicated of the nine entries in this series so far because there appear to be several restaurants named The Coffee Cup in Charlotte.

This particular one happens to be on 914 Clarkson Street. Their phone number is 704-375-8855.

The web site Holly Eats make the place sound quite scrumptious, but I'm not sure if the foods describes are the healthies options on the menu:

"Everybody said to order the fried chicken. I did. And the vegetables. Stewed Okra. Macaroni and cheese. So good."

This does bring me to a question I've always had since dinning at the now closed S &S Cafeteria at Towers Mall in my hometown of Roanoke, Va.

"Is macaroni and cheese really a vegetable?"

Useful Links:

http://www.hollyeats.com/coffeecup.htm

You also just gotta love this sign!

No comments: