Friday, May 23, 2008

Dumb and Dumber.....

..........or, why I'm a Democrat in 30 words or less!



I should add that I saw some guys from Greenpeace dressed like whales in front of the Japanese embassy  while I was in Washington, DC, this week. While I want to distance myself from over-the-top liberals like these, I certainly would NEVER want to politically associate myself with the like of the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart (Video 1) or Cong. Virgil Goode, the David Duke wannabe from Rocky Mount, Va. (Video 2).



As the son of a Muslim immigrant, I find Goode's remarks and viewpoints about the Islamic faith disgusting. As a Virginian, I also embarrassed that he is a Congressman from our state and my region. My late stepfather Donald Sullivan served this country honorably in World War II, and he would also disdain Goode's racist sentiments.

Needless to say I am STRONGLY endorsing his Democratic opponent (Ironically Goode was once a Democrat- good riddance!) Tom Perriello for the fifth district seat. And, I'm sure unlike Goode, who also has many ties to scandalous lobbyists, he will represent the area with a sense of moral dignity.

FOOTNOTE: As Perriello points out in his web site, Goode voted AGAINST the GI Bill, so contrary to his chest-beating one has to wonder just how much he cares for our troops.

USEFUL LINKS:

http://www.perrielloforcongress.com



No comments: