Friday, March 28, 2008

Wow- Davidson Makes Elite 8 in Men's College Hoops

Though I am more of a women's college gymnastics fan, I must admit that even I get struck with March Madness and in North Carolina it is virtually impossible not to be at least somewhat interested in the happenings on the hard floor.

When I was a teenager, Dell Curry was the star player at Virginia Tech and I met him at a shopping mall signing in Roanoke, Va., where I lived.

It is amazing that his son Stephen Curry (pictured here) has taken the Davidson Wildcats to the Elite 8, after they beat the University of Wisconsin last night.

They will next fact top-ranked Kansas who beat Villanova in the same session.

Of course, the University of North Carolina stand a significantly better chance of winning the NCAA-title, but it is amazing that a 10-seed representing a small Southern Conference school just north of Charlotte could get this far.

It's almost like watching "Hoosiers."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later. Someone posted a comment to this entry regarding the last entry, which I felt was inappropriate. I have decided to remove it. This marks a first. I've even let some radical political views slide. I suppose this is the sad part of blogging, and assuredly there are lots of people out there who just want to annoy those of us who engage in this activity. Needless to say, (as was the case here) most of them do not happen to have a blog themselves!