Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Week With Gizmo.....

 

I have been spending a week with the family cat Gizmo as my mom, who has custody of him spent the week in Florida. While I don't have photos of Gizmo uploaded to my computer yet (as regular readers like Moviezzz, Nida Campbell and my sister Lale Lovell know I'm not the most pc savvy person in my or any other zip code).

But, I can offer you pictures of the original Gizmo from the 1984 film "Gremlins" and its sequel "Gremlins 2: The New Batch" (1990).

At least, this particular Gizmo doesn't require a litter box.

As some of you who know me well might expect, I did indeed name the cat after the Gizmo in "Gremlins." This was mainly because he beared a facial resemblance to the character in Joe Dante's movies.

Though now that it has been nearly four years since I found him at a gas station near Christiansburg, Va., (where some cruel, mean people left him) I think Godzilla may have in fact been a better name for the feline as he has pretty much destroyed each and every one of the blinds around the apartment.

But, he is sleeping now................I hope!

In all seriousness, he has been a joy to have. Gizmo's most pecuilar habit is to wake me up circa 4 a.m., so that he can be petted. Someone at work suggested that I keep Gizmo for good and get a job where I can wake up early in the morning.

Assuredly, that is not going to happen.........

No comments: