Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Bucket List

 After seeing the Jack Nicholson-Morgan Freeman film "The Bucket List" a few weeks ago I took the advice of a co-worker who had an unexpected, serious health problem last year, and I decided to come up with own bucket list.

I should note, especially to friends and family who may stop here, that I am only 38 and I have no major health issues, though dying of leukemia could help me get dates (not that I would wish that on me or anyone else!).

At any rate, here is "My Bucket List:"

1. Visit all the continents of the world, except Antartica.

2. Have breakfast at Denny's with at least one very very attractive woman (bonus points_ if it's Uma Thurman!- see photo). Of course, I would be asking for lots of refills on the morning coffee.

3. Run for Congress!_ Perferably against Cong. Virgil Goode (R-Va), a racist jerk from Rocky Mount, Va., who made derogatory comments about Muslims and refused to apologize. I personally can't stand him, and I work in his district! (see photo).

4. Get at least four plays published or stages

5. Get involved in a succesful personal relationship (preferably with Uma Thurman!).

6. Do something nice for someone other than yourself even if I'm not running Congress.

 7. Climb the gorgeous Mount Nemrut in my late father's country Turkey (see photo). It is covered with lots of ancient heads.

 8. This is an entry that only a true film buff could relate to. At some juncture, I hope to find time to watch Rainer Werner Fassbinder's epic 15-hour German film "Berlin Alexanderplatz." So far, I haven't had time!

9. Make a feature film.......without asking (my good friend) Bilge Ebiri, who directed the independent film "New Guy," for advice every five minutes.

10. Have the lead part in a theatrical play, though I'm not sure I could get the part of Frankie in Terence McNally's "Frankie and Johnny's One-Night Stand." (Photo is of the performance of that play at Arena Stage in Washington, DC), which might not be a bad thing because the part requires nudity!

No comments: