Thursday, March 13, 2008

Will Ethan Hawke Be at the Trial?

When I initially put up my Facebook page, I decided to jokingly state that my religion was 'Uma Thurman Worshipping.' She is, in my view, one of the most gorgeous women in cinema today.

Alas, there are some fans of Uma Thurman ("Pulp Fiction," "Prime") who have taken their attraction to her a bit too far.

Enter Jackson Jordan, age 36.

The New York man's trial for stalking her by trying to enter Thurman's trailer during a movie shoot in The Big Apple has been delayed until March 17.

Jordan also allegedly sent Thurman disturbing letters and sketches, including a drawing of her digging his grave which he probably conjured up from a scene in "Kill Bill, Volume 2" where Michael Madsen's character starts to dig a grave for her character.

In his letter to Thurman, who was married to Ethan Hawke, Jordan allegedly said: "I feel afraid that if I see you out again, with another man, I will want to kill myself."

Jordan's lawyer George Vomvalokis said (in the IMDB article where I saw this) that his client is 'just a romantic pursuing the a woman he adores.'

If convicted, Jordan faces a minimum sentence of one year in a state mental health facility.

This incident reminds me of a New York woman who travelled to Park City, Utah, to see Rusell Crowe at the Sundance Film Festival screening of "Texas," a documentary film about the actor's rock band. A screening I attended myself, mainly to impress a woman from Philadelphia whom I had met on an airplane to Istanbul (alas, it didn't work!). 

This 'legal stalker' (meaning to my knowledge, she never broke any laws), who was wearing a Russell Crowe t-shirt when I saw her, is also in the documentary as she pursued Crowe all the way down to Australia to see his band perform.

Perhaps, she and Jordan should meet for coffee..........before he goes away, that is!

Useful Links:

http://www.imdb.com

I have an earlier blog entry on a man from Ankara, Turkey, who told me that he did not know who Thurman was! He actually saw the entry, and was not too happy with me......

 

No comments: