Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day Birthday, Lale Lovell

My sister Lale Gokbudak Lovell is now 34 years old. As it turns out, she shares a birthday with the very attractive actress Marisa Coughlin of "Boston Legal." (She was born on March 17, 1974, in Minneapolis.)

But, unlike Ms. Coughlin, Lale was born on that same day in 1974 in a remote village in a tent some 120 miles east of Tashkent, Uzbekistan (actually it was a hospital in Roanoke, Va., but I thought a Uzbeki village would sound more interesting).

I wish her a happy birthday. It is ironic that it falls on St. Patrick's Day because while my sister and I are individuals of mixed heritage (father from Turkey, mother from South Carolina), we can not claim Irish heritage, but we can always listen to The Chieftians and drink green beer and pretend that our father came here from Cork...........at least, we can for today!

No comments: