Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Friend Joe Scott Interviewed Will Ferrell

Since I am back in my hometown of Roanoke, Va., for spring break (alas, since I will be 38 on Tuesday, I am a bit too old for Daytona Beach), and there isn't much to do here around mom's house, I thought I'd check out my friends' blogs.
As it turns out, Joe Scott who hosts The Movie Show on a Greensboro, NC, radio station, had a chance to interview Will Ferrell as the comedy movie star was in Chapel Hill to promote his latest film "Semi-Pro."
Scott actually asked Ferrell about the underlying themes of his films, like "Talladega Nights," and asked if there was any intended focus on American excess. Ferrell acknowledged that this was indeed the case.
Scott also used his interview for a story in the Greensboro newspaper "The News-Record."
The entire interview, which included questions from other North Carolina media personnel, can be seen on his blog:
http://themovieshow.blogspot.com

Some of the other things discussed on the blogs of my other friends include a review of the new dvd for Rob Zombie's remake of "Halloween" at http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

Sam Riddleberger (pen name), who is a children's book writer, discusses what would happen if one crossed children's lit and science fiction. One idea was "The Berenstein Bears Go to Outer Space.*" Sam also talked about a recent classroom visit at Roanoke Catholic School here in the Star City.
http://riddleberger.wordpress.com

And, lastly, self-described filmmaker/independent thinker Christopher Knight from Reidsville, NC, is back after a hiatus on his blog "The Knight Shift," at http://theknightshift.blogspot.com

*- CORRECTION: Mr. Riddleberger has informed me there is an actual children's book called "The Berenstein Bears on the Moon." I think I was distracted by the family cat Gizmo when I was reading his blog. One of these days, when I become techno- coordinated, I will have to post a photo of Gizmo- preferably when he is not acting like a backyard Hannibal Lecter........!
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: