Thursday, September 4, 2008

Unveiling the Robot (Sarah Palin)

 It may surprise some of you who have looked at this blog in the last two weeks that I have several Republican friends. One of whom was candid enough to admit to me that he can't believe John McCain chose Sarah Palin. I have to wonder why more people, even Republicans, can not admit this simple truth? Even political pundits are showing a surreal level of objectivity which borders on insanity. I was watching "Charlie Rose" last night, and I could not believe that no one_not even a reporter from the supposedly liberal "New York Times" could state the obvious. It was as if they someone was complementing the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart after a sermon comparing gays to child moelsters for his oratory skills instead of pointing out the fact that he is a zealous homphobic nut.

I did actually watch part of Sarah Palin's speech last night, and like an early John Waters movie, I could not sit through it all. If McCain were to get elected and die within his first term in office, this woman would actually be leader of the free world! Everyone is talking about how impressed they were with her speech at the Republican Convention last night, but to me she still seemed like a robot designed to fit the Christian conservative and suburban female demographic. Hence, the reason why I'm choosing Rosie the Robot from "The Jetsons" as my image here. And, I have to wonder if a robot would actually make a better veep.

 One has to wonder if there are actually people out there who use Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" as their ring tone! Hey, I like the '8-s pop group A Flock of Seagulls, but I would never claim they were better than U2 or Coldplay.

I honestly thought the six minutes of her speech that I had to sit through was as painful as listening to this Tiny Tim (who is in fact, as this photo suggests, dead).

So, for those of you uber-partisan Republicans, who can not come to terms with reality, I am posting a youtube video of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" so you can understand how Democrats, independents and even some Republicans feel.

To end this entry, I will ironically quote Republican pundit Bill Bennet who was quite outspoken during the Clinton-Lewinski scandal. Of course, he is a now firm supporter of Sarah Palin: "Where is the outrage?"

TRIVIA ABOUT ROSIE THE ROBOT: Her voice was provided by Jean Vander Pyl, and she referred to George Jetson as "Mr. J." But, to my knowledge, Rosie was not opposed to a woman having an abortion even in the case of rape or incest!

Useful Links:

www.cybercomm/nl/~ivo/

www.jeffbots.com/rosie.html

www.gravesights.org

www.tinytim.com

 

No comments: