Friday, September 19, 2008

Great First Night of GHS Reunion

The first night of the Glenvar High School reunion (class of 1988) was a smashing success.
I was not exactly as popular as Mitt Romney in Salt Lake City* when I attended high school back in the day, but after tonight I think I will be less likely to add six seasons of "Beverly Hills 90210" to my Netflix que to wonder 'oh, what might have been.'
Kudos to Beth Poff for organizing the event, and bringing in Pat Benatar to sing "Shadows of the Night" at half-time during our football game with Covington High School tonight. (ok, the later is a joke).


But, in all seriousness, she did a great job. My lone regret is that my good friend Brian Woodward of Richmond, Va., couldn't be there.

The second night of the reunion is tomorrow evening, which means I need to quickly find a date, so if you are a woman who is 15 years younger than me and actually listens to the music I listened to in high school, please email me within the next 12-14 hours.

Amazingly enough, I did stay away from all discussions of religion and politics though when some of the guys walked by a car with a bumper sticker criticizing George W. Bush, I think they knew who it belonged to. **

*- Mitt Romney got 88 % of the vote during the Republican Primary in Utah.

**- I believe I actually defended Gary Hart after his notorious sex scandal in a high school government class. But, hey, I still think he would have made a great president!

Useful Links (for my fellow Pat Benatar fan Moviezzz):

http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

http://stillanotherpoliticalblogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's sad that Benatar - with windstorm voice - has been forgotten. You don't even hear her stuff on 80s flashback programs. She was a ubiquitous prescence on the pop charts during the first half of the 1980s.