Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tom Perriello and John Grisham Campaigning in Danville



Author John Grisham (The Pelican Brief, The Firm, The Innocent Man) will be with Democratic congressional candidate Tom Perriello at The Castle bookstore on the campus of Danville Community College at 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

Perriello, of Charlottesville, is a Facebook friend of mine. We are supporting his candidacy against incumbent Cong. Virgil Goode (R-VA) which reasons which go well beyond petty partisanship. I am in contact with an area newspaper about publishing a letter-to-the-editor which is heavily critical of Goode mainly because he has been known to make hostile remarks to Muslims, Hispanics and gays.

Perriello has worked on many community-based volunteering efforts during his campaign. Though I am not sure if I can attend this event, I am eager to meet Perriello in the very near future.

Useful Links:

www.perrielloforcongress.com

www.johngrishamonline.com

The image above is of Grisham teaching Little League baseball. The author lives in Charlottesville as well.

UPDATE: I was unable to attend this event due to a sudden illness, but I understand it went fairly well. A friend of mine reportedly asked Perriello if he believed in 'the second amendment." Only in Virginia (eyes rolling)! The answer incidentally was yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caught Bill Moyers' interview with Grisham a while back. A thoughtful man. Of his books, I've only read The Firm, which I think was his first. As I recall, there were at least 300 requests for that title in the public library system where I worked in the early 90s.

Anonymous said...

Caught Bill Moyers' interview with Grisham a while back. A thoughtful man. Of his books, I've only read The Firm, which I think was his first. As I recall, there were at least 300 requests for that title in the public library system where I worked in the early 90s.