Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Halloween! (Pumpkinhead Quotes)

I was hoping to post a youtube video of the classic film "Drakula Istanbulda/Dracula in Istanbul," which came out in the 1950s! But, I had a major distraction. Hopefully, I will have it posted in not too distant future.

In the meantime, here is quote from the 1989 horror film "Pumpkinhead," directed by special effects wizard Stan Winston ("Jurassic Park," "Aliens.") I was fortunate enough to meet him one year at the Virginia Film Festival.

The latest Virginia Film Festival starts Thursday in Charllotesville.

I wish I could devote an entire blog entry to it. But, I'm expecting a very, very busy week and I don't think I will make it to C'ville this year, though I have been to all but three Virginia Film Festivals since 1990.......of course, it was easier to get there when I was living in Virginia.

For those living near the coast, I understand there is a cool graveyard in Wilmington, NC. Surely my uncle Eric Robinson of Florida, who has a hobby of walking through old graveyards would love that! This particular graveyard in Wilmington offers tours at night this time of the year. But, I can't go to Wilmington either.

Here is quote from the screenplay to "Pumpkinhead," courtesy of the Internet Movie Database. This scene takes place after Pumpkinhead, which came to life after.......it's a long story.......is really starting to kill people:

Tracy: Can't you stop this? Can't you call it off?

Ed Harley: Nuthin' can call it off.........

(lights flamethrower)

Ed Harley (contd): ........but I'm gonna send it back to wherever the Hell it came from!

No comments: