Thursday, November 1, 2007

Should I Go to the Play, or Not?

 

Well, so much for blogger's block!

It is November, and sweeps month is upon us. Of course, this refers to television and not blogs, but nevertheless, I've decided that this month I will use more kinky gimmicks and perhaps some photos of Uma Thurman or Rosario Dawson to lure people to this blog.

If it is not painfully obvious, I have very few technical abilities, unlike my blogger friends, Moviezzz, Joe Scott and Christopher Knight. So, this will be harder to do. In fact, I'm sure my sister Lale (if she ever reads this blog) is laughing silly right now at the thought of me trying to do all this technical things.

But, one thing I know how to do is post polls. And, I love polls, even at the times when they reveal that 84% of all Americans think invading Iraq is a good idea, or that 67% of all North Carolinians would like to see the condemned executed with a sharp pick axe.

So, I am thus giving a personal decision over to you, the person who is taking valuable time out of your day (I am doing the same right thing right now, in fact! And, I have paperwork to complete or I will get executed by a pick axe) to read my latest rant.

I really, really want to see the production of "Lessons from Aloe," a play by Athol Fugard (of "Master Harold and the Boys" fame) at the Deep Dish Theatre in Chapel Hill, NC, which is about 70 miles away from here in Lake Wobogan, NC. (I am wary of the fact that there might be a radical Armenian-American who also happens to be a far-right Republican out there who perhaps reads this blog more than my sister! And, I would not want him to Mapquest me.)

I will kind of be close to Chapel Hill this weekend. I would probably not be asking this, but gas is expensive these days. And, last week, I actually found a gas station near Burlington, NC, which did not even have a public restroom! (It is a BP station- there I got my revenge. Thank God, I didn't pee in my pants!)

So, the question is thus: 'should I stay or should I go?'

I hope Joe Strummer* doesn't sue me.Oh,  I forgot he's dead!

Useful links: http://www.deepdishtheater.org

Strummer was the lead singer of The Clash. Interestingly enough, he was born in Ankara, Turkey. 

PS (Nov. 5)_ Well, I saw the play..........it was quite good!

No comments: