Saturday, November 3, 2007

Comic Strip Trivia (for my brother-in-law)

I am dedicating this entry to my brother-in-law Matthew Lovell who lives with my sister Lale in Provo, Utah (we occasionally lie on this blog for privacy reasons. Next time, the Lovells will reside in Roswell, N.Mex.).

There is a slim chance that they might visit this blog, and this will mean 12 hits for the day so far!

I am choosing four quotes from my favorite comic strip character "Zippy the Pinhead," which is drawn by Bill Griffith.

The other quote will come from the comic strip "Opus," from the Feb. 11th edition of the "(Raleigh) News & Observer." I hope Berkeley Breathed doesn't sue. I'm assuming Griffith might be nicer. Incidentally, all the "Zippy" quotes are from the collection "From A to Zippy," published by Penguin Books in 1981.

Incidentally, the increase between the multiple choice quizes on this blog and the fact that I teach at Lord Fairfax Community College in Middletown, Va. (not my actual community college, but it is in Virginia), is purely a coincidence.

Here is our quiz. Which one of these is the quote from "Opus:"

A) "You embark full of hope and spare change."

B) "I should've bushwhacked him when I had the chance."

C) "I won't tell Proctor and Gamble if you won't."

D) "If athletes get Athlete's Foot, do astronauts get misletoe?"

E) "Taco sauce, anyone?"

Scroll down for the answer and useful link.........if you get it right you may win a free trip to Rock Hill, SC, to see Fred Thompson make a campaign stop at the local Putt-Putt Golf Course........(if you're a Democrat, insert Sen. Chris Dodd in place of Fred Thompson)..................there is actually a Putt Putt Golf Course in Rock Hill, SC! And, John Edwards was in Rock Hill yesterday with actor Danny Glover, though I don't know if they had time for Putt-Putt. Continue your scroll...........

 

 

 

 

The answer is "D!" Yes, it is a boring Saturday afternoon here in............................Montclair, NJ!

 

Useful Links:

http://www.zippythepinhead.com

http://www.berkeleybreathed.com

And, my friend Anne from...............Austin, Tex., loves "For Better or For Worse."

http://www.fborfw.com 

She is also the lead singer of a punk rock band...........love that pink hair!

 

 

No comments: