Thursday, February 7, 2008

Remembering the Mitt Romney Campaign...

I thought I would head this the same way I usually do when someone I will miss has died. I am not a Republican, though they are good for material, but gosh darn it I really am going to miss the Mitt Romney campaign and that hair!

I have made more fun of Mitt Romney than other politician ever on this blog. That includes people like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Fred Thompson and Nancy Pelosi (well it's good to show nonpartisanship when it comes to making fun of these people).

He was such an easy target, and gee whiz I really want to take a moment to pause and think about all the sacrifices that he, his wife, their five perfect sons, Daffney, Veronica, Shaggy and Scrappy-Doo made on the campaign trail going through places like Council Bluffs, Iowa, and Nashua, New Hampshire, in order to win the presidency and try to make America a better place.....at least according to his image.

Here is one last Romney joke that was made earlier in the presidential race. (Hey he did win the endorsement of "The National Enquirer" I mean "The National Review" and that should count for something):

"Mitt Romney stunned everybody by raising $23 million..... in small donations. Apparently, he got one dollar from each Osmond," Jay Leno.

We'll miss you, Mitt. But, we sure are glad you're not going to be our president. Now, you can take some time off and go duck-hunting with your pal, Dick Cheney. Or, perhaps you can cross party lines and come down to Chapel Hill, NC, and take in a UNC basketball game with John Edwards. I'm sure you two would have 'lots' to talk about.

But, knowing my party as well I do, I would not be surprised if we somehow find a way to let you have a shot at actually winning The White House in 2012.....now, that's a scary thought!

 

 

No comments: