Monday, February 18, 2008

If the Village Voice Chose the Oscars.....

I thought that might be a catchy way to introduce this latest entry which lists the winners of "The Village Voice-LA Weekly" critic's poll by category.

Strangely enough, they left off Best Director. But, I sense they would have picked Paul Thomas Anderson ("There Will Be Blood").

The Oscars are on Sunday, unless limo drivers go on strike.....

Here are the other winners in the Village Voice poll (I wonder if my friend Bilge Ebiri had a vote in this one) :

Best Picture: "There Will Be Blood"

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis "There Will Be Blood"

Best Actress: Anamaria Marina* "4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days"

Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem "No Country for Old Men."

Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett "I'm Not There"

Best Documentary: "No End in Sight"

*---yes, yes, I know the Romanian actress Anamaria Marina was NOT nominated for Best Actress, but she was the winner of The Village Voice poll. Though Julie Christie of "Away from Her" was number two in the poll, and she is nominated (I also think she'll win).

I'm curious to know who will win the best live action short, even though it takes about a year and a half to find the film that won!

Useful Links:

http://www.villagevoice.com

No comments: