Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is Christopher Knight on Strike?

This blog entry is meant to be in jest....well, many of them are. (For the record, my sister Lale Lovell and her husband DO NOT reside in Provo, Utah- see earlier entry).

I know Christopher Knight of Reidsville, NC, personally though we've met only one time at the town Christmas parade, which is actually held in late November(!), last year.

He is not really 'on strike.' But, after getting close to half a million hits on his blog (hmm. I think I've got some work to do to catch up with him), he suddenly decided to leave his blog on Feb. 6. It has been three weeks, and he has not returned!

One of his last entries was about the mysterious reasons why fundamentalist Christians like President Dick Cheney...., I mean President George W. Bush.

Apparently, they are politically attracted to him because he is bringing us closer to the end of the world (Hmm......who knew that I, a devout secularist, could find common ground with them!). And, this will allow Christians to get into heaven sooner, perhaps before the latest Batman movie opens this summer.

It was a brilliant commentary by Knight, and it was a refreshing point of view from someone with a different political view of the world than myself as Knight is a Ron Paul Libertarian and I am a Democrat.

But, for the moment, Knight is not blogging. He told me that he was simply burned out.

I guess it can happen to anyone.

My friend Moviezzz is not on hiatus though. And, yesterday, he had a great column about the impending dvd release of the 1980s tv show "Square Pegs," (it ran from 1982-83, I believe) which feautred a teenage Sarah Jessica Parker and a soundtrack with era punk bands like Devo and The Waitresses. It will be available in May, unless, of course,  Bush brings us all closer to the end of the world as we know it.........

Useful Links:

http://theknightshift.blogspot.com

http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

 

No comments: