Friday, February 15, 2008

Congrats to Seda Ertanis on Her Engagement (I'm Jealous!)

As I was coming down with a severe chest cold on Valentine's Day (Thank you, Cupid), some folks around the world were apparently getting engaged.

One of the casualties in this regard is my good friend Seda Ertanis,29, a very attractive Turkish woman, who has the misfortune of living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Of course, since I live in a small town in North Carolina where everyone except me either carries a shotgun or a bible (or both), I can't make too much fun of Dubai!

Seda is going to get married to her boyfriend Ali, who will hopefully treat her better than my last girlfriend treated me.

I wish them both well in spite of my profound 'kiskanclik' (Turkish word for jealousy).

Ms. Ertanis is originally from Istanbul. I met her on an airplane that was going to the former Ottoman capital from Amsterdam back in 2003.

She as flying in from Tokyo. I was flying in from Detroit. We had actually lost touch until we got reacquainted through Facebook.

Seda is apparently a big fan of Justin Timberlake as he went to his concert in Dubai. I would also imagine that she is an admirer of Turkish pop phenom Tarkan. I hope she doesn't like George Michael, that would mean she has profound bad taste in pop music, but then again, she's getting married anyway, so what do I care?_LOL!

In all seriousness, I wish them all the best, and if things don't work, I'm sure they can find a good marriage counselor in Dubai............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By Chance, I’ve found myself reading something about my previous life, but I was astonished when I passed through your statement:

< Seda is going to get married to her boyfriend Ali, who will hopefully treat her better than my last girlfriend treated me.>


You saved my day when you made me laugh...

By the way there is nothing to be jealous of...