Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winthrop and McCain Win Today

Well, I guess a bag of peanuts are heading to Rock Hill, SC........

As discussed in my last entry, The Winthrop Eagles faced The Radford Highlanders today in Radford, Va.

My cousin Michael Dawkins is a Winthrop University alum. I went to a slightly better school in Radford University. But, today Winthrop was the better team on the hardwood as they beat RU 77-59 thanks to 20 points from Michael Jenkins.

And, speaking of South Carolina, Chris Cillizza of "The Washington Post" reported that thanks to huge John McCain support around Charleston, the Arizona senator edged out a victory over Chuck Norriss' sidekick Mike Huckabee.

Fringe Republican Duncan Hunter dropped out after finishing last in South Carolina. According to NPR, he blamed the media for having a 'vote the candidate off the island' mentality. Hunter still rarely got more than two percent of the vote at any given point and time.

The Democrats have their primary next week. I might be in the process of jumping ship from John Edwards to Barack Obama as Edwards did badly in Nevada today, but either way I don't live in a town like Chester, SC, so I don't think it really matters.

At any rate, Mike enjoy those peanuts.

I expect to have you send me peaches after we beat you in Rock Hill, when the two teams face each other again on Feb. 16.

Useful Links:

http://www.washingtonpost.com

http://www.winthropeagles.com

 

 

No comments: