Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Ten Worst Films of 2007

Normally, I have refrained from making a 10 Worst Films simply because I did not see enough bad films to make such a list. But, this year, I managed to take in some stinkers.

Here they are, in reverse order:

 

10. "300"- This film based on Frank Miller's graphic novel should have been a much better film! What a bore.

9. "Rush Hour 3"- It's time to retire this franchise.

8. "Halloween"- Rob Zombie could be the first filmmaker who ends up in an asylum one day. This was one sick film with good technical qualities but no redeming value.

7. "The Invasion"- a remake of a remake of a great Don Siegel film.

6. "Resident Evil: Extinction"- Not Exactly "Mad Max."

5. "I am Legend"_ Surely the other two filmations of Richard Matheson's novel are better than this!

4. "Fantastic 4: The Rise of the Silver Surfer"- Jessica Alba might be hot, but this film was not.

3. "Balls of Fury"_A friend of mine said I was wrong about this.......oh well! It might be the very worst film Christopher Walken has ever appeared in.

2. "The Hitcher"_ This film, released early in 2007, was remake of mediocre C. Thomas Howell/Rutger Hauer thriller made 20 years ago that was itself a rip-off of "Duel." I saw it on a day when I was very bored. It didn't help! A truly dreadful film at every level.

1. "Mr. Bean's Holiday"- Rowan Atkinson proves he's no Jerry Lewis......

 

I hope none of these made your ten best list!

 

 

No comments: