Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gizmo's Super Bowl Pick

A few months ago, the family cat Gizmo, who is a three-and-a-half-year-old feline with an appetite for whasically wabbitts, made some college football picks.

One day, I may very well post a digital photo of Gizmo here to prove his existence. I'll make sure it is on a day when he is not a backyard Hannibal Lecter.

Until then, I can offer you Gizmo's pick for The Super Bowl on Feb. 3..........this might cost me a few friends in Worchester, Mass...........:

 

New York Giants 27

New England Patriots 23

 

Yes, Gizmo is calling for the upset of century and if this holds true then the Patriots will NOT have an undefeated season.

Since they are both likely Patriots fans, I wonder if Mitt Romney and John Kerry will put aside partisan differences and sit down beside each other to watch this game together on a jumbo-screen at a conveinent Applebee's location.  

Perhaps, Kerry can give Romney some good campaign tips........in fact, if he really wants to support Barack Obama, I can't think of a better way to help him out!

For half-time, instead of seeing Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, I would prefer to see Romney, Fred Thompson and Mike Huckabee put in a dunking booth with John McCain supporter Boston RedSox pitcher Curt Shilling holding the softball,or better yet the winner of the South Carolina Democratic Primary. 

Speaking of which, my own predictions for the South Carolina Democratic Primary on Saturday (hence I can't blame this on a cat) are as follows:

Obama: 44 %

Clinton 42 %

Edwards 14%

Kucinich (appx. ) 4,272 votes

Mickey Mouse 31

Donald Duck 19

Betty Boop 18

Mike Gravel * 6 votes

*- still an official candidate!

 

No comments: