Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Perhaps God Exists After All (perhaps!)

The girl İ mentioned in a previous blog entry (Waiting for Godot) actually came to meet me after all!

İ am not quite ready to propose to this woman who may be the only woman in the İstanbul metro area who is my age (38) and still single!

Though she made some comments about my weight (which is the norm here!)- out get-together  went quite well. But İ am always more comfortable around Turkish people who do not make me feel like American actor John Goodman or the French Asterix comic book character Hopdediks. Both of whom weigh a lot more than me. 

İ must profess that at 275 pounds İ do not usually feel like the fattest person in the room back home. İn fact usually İ am not. My weight and body frame is very similar in nature to actor Jack Black. But alas at the wedding for my friend İlhan this weekend İ did look around.

İn a room of 200 people İ was actually the only one who looked like a contestant on The Biggest Loser!

For my meeting with the woman we walked around Buyukada island and talked about our childhood.

 We went to school together when İ lived in Turkey from 1977-79 and amazingly enough she found an old picture which featured me (as well as my mom and perhaps my sister who was 3 or 4 at the time). And apparently my name was written on this old photo. She later found me through Facebook.

İ wish things like this happend to me more often. 

No comments: