Thursday, July 31, 2008

Images #9-Yanar Dag (Fire Mountain)

The second most popular tourist destination (this is all presumption) is Yanar Dag, which literally means Fire Mountain.
This is actually a natural attraction which formed from some fluke oil spill in 1958 (hmm...I should get an intern to verify this). But, I can verify that this place is hot, hot, hot!
I got very close to the fire for a photo that I hopefully post on my Facebook page just as soon as I can figure out how to post photos on my Facebook page (I would not last long in tech support).
There is a tea house next to Yanar Dag, but no one was drinking tea there on the day I was visiting.
If you are looking at this from an internet cafe in Baku, and perhaps contemplating your own trip out to Yanar Dag, be warned: The toilet is dreadfully bad! Fortunately, i just had to pee........

No comments: