Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back Home in Ole Virginia




Whew! It was a long trip back...........I could write a Kafkaesque novel about what happened today alone, but right now I am too freaking exhausted.
I was saddened to hear about the bomb blast in the Istanbul suburbs which killed 15 people while we were flying over the Atlantic today. My father's country is a truly special place with wonderful people, and no terrorist incident of any kind alters that in any way. Everyone in Turkey was great (well a few Istanbul cab drivers aside), and we truly appreciate everything that all too many people did for us there.
And, it is also good to be back in the home state of Virginia. I look forward to seeing my many friends here again as well as the chance to eat my beloved Life cereal (nothing against feta cheese and black olives....perhaps the Turkish breakfast is actually healthier, but I can still only go so long without Life!).
I miss the Blue Ridge Mountains over there and the Bosphorous shores over here. And, there is one place where they do come together.
And, that is in my dreams.


No comments: