Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Last Entry from the (Former) USSR

I was going to list ten unusual things I saw here in Azerbaijan, but due to time constraints I will limit those to a mere five.

1. Some 27 consecutive vendors were on the road selling watermelons outside of Baku!

2. A couple across from me in the ferris wheel seemed on the verge of making whoppee! Thankfully, I was able to exit......

3. Azerbaijani headstones in the graves actually have pictures of the deceased on them!

4. A kid who was dressing up like Goofy near the luna park took a water fountain break as assuredly the inside of his suit was perhaps 70 degrees (Celsius!).

5. And, last but not least I should apologize to the manufacturers of Turkish toilets......(they have no seats!).....as Azerbaijani toilets are even worse!

No comments: