Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Salt Lake City Discovery...Joe Bankhead

Have you ever noticed that you meet some of the most interesting folks you've ever met while you are on the road? Though I don't travel as much as my mother Lila Sullivan, who is now reportedly in Hannibal, Mo., I do periodically get out of the two states I live between.
My last venture was to Salt Lake City, Ut. One of my favorite movie theatres after the Grandin Theatre in Roanoke, Va., is the Tower Theater in the 9th and 9th section of SLC. And, before going to see a midnight screening of "Swiss Family Robinson" there, I went over to The Coffee Garden.
It was there that I came across Joe Bankhead who travels between Utah, New Mexico and Texas. Bankhead is an artist, philosopher and semi-professional chess player. I once played chess fairly regularly until a 9-year-old girl who proved to be the Virginia state championship in her age group beat me as I was playing chess at a local club in Roanoke. I played a game of chess with Joe as well. It was the same result (I lost), but it was much less humiliating than losing to the girl.
Thanks to the internet, I have actually been able to keep in touch with Joe. I read his semi-monthly newsletter as I was traveling back from Utah. And, now as it turns out, he has his own blog.
So, I am using my blog to promote his blog with the full realization that if he can post youtube videos I may lose one of the two or three people who come to my blog regularly......I am of course one of those people too!
In his blog, Joe describes himself in the following way:
"I have been studying and learning everything I could find about the Total Human Being for many more years than I want to admit........."
For Joe's blog, you can go to:
http://transformationfreedom.blogspot.com/

No comments: