Friday, May 25, 2007

Michael Moore Has to "Hold it"

I was going to take a day off from the blog as it is not getting as many hits as I would like this week (now, I know how PBS stations feel!). But, I read this interesting bit on a "Washington Post" entertainment blog.

William Booth, of "The Post," documented the following encounter between Michael Moore, the most familiar documentarian in America, and a reporter from a Chicago media outlet at the Cannes Film Festival. Pay attention to what his publicist says here!

Moore: "Okay, great. I just have to go the bathroom.'
Publicist: "Just do this interview first?"
Moore: : "What?"
Publicist: "Can it wait?"
Moore: "Can you believe what she just said?"

(editted for content...meaning I am leaving a few things here which don't really add to the exchange)

The Chicago reporter: "Seriously, I can wait. No problem. I just need ten minutes. Go. Really. Please."

Amazingly enough, Moore did the interview right then and there anyway! This prompted Booth to say that Moore should be outfitted with a NASA uniform.

Anyway, I am sure the few political conservatives who look at this blog were expecting this to be political. In all honesty, I am too tired for that %$&*@ today! But, I will provide a link to Moore's web site with info about his latest film "Sicko," which is being released here in the states four weeks from today.

In other documentary news, I highly recommend Alan Berlier's hilarious film "Wide Awake," now playing on HBO. It is about a subject dear to my heart: insomnia (note: this blog entry was posted circa 3:45 p.m. not 3:45 a.m.........hallejuah!)

Links:

http://www.washingtonpost.com

http://www.michaelmoore.com

No comments: