Friday, August 22, 2008

What Do With that Post-Olympic Hangover?

The NPR series "Weekend America" will supposedly answer that question in a segment during their savvy show, which airs on Saturdays and is available through WUNC (91.5-FM) in Chapel Hill here in the Tarheel State.

The program will also have an in-depth piece on Olympic gold medal-winning swimmer Michael Phelps who has reportedly won 43 medals (that is a joke..!). For some reason, my mom is obsessed with the fact that NBC has not talked about his father. I actually thought about devouting a blog entry on the matter, but I have decided to try to land an interview with Paris Hilton instead (ok, that is a joke too!).

Another NPR show "Market Place" is reporting that the United Kingdom is going to spend (yikes!) $28 billion on the 2012 London Olympics. I wonder how Ron Paul* would feel about that?!

I have no idea who this Mongolian athlete is in this image (which I 'borrowed' from a site out of Serbia). If anyone knows, please email that info to me at tango74@aol.com

But, somehow, I can't imagine that he'll get a date with Alicia Sacramone** anytime soon.

My alter-ego is off to the annual Burning Man Festival in Nevada........while I sit on the couch to watch syncronized diving as I eat a comforting bowl of Life cereal.

Useful Links:

http://www.weekendamerica.org

http://www.marketplace.org

*- Ron Paul was the most fiscally conservative presidential candidate this season.

**-Alicia Sacramone is an attractive American Olympic gymnast who has developed a major internet following

 

No comments: