Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Fever........Uhm, Not Feeling It?!

 So far, I've watched less than two hours of coverage and that was a women's volleyball match between The United States and The Netherlands. And, that was partially because I thought the tall Dutch volleyball player was really hot! Perhaps, it's time to seek political asylum (well not that I live in Angola, but at times it does feel that way!).........

I would also like to wish a happy birthday to my Turkish friend Seda Ertanis who lives in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, which I imagine does NOT have a women's volleyball team, a happy birthday.

All of this proves that there are actually places which are more sexually respressive than small towns in North Carolina. Is that possible?

And, lastly, this public confession. I did see "Mama Mia" at the Eden Drive-In last night. My friend Moviezzz wrote a very negative, hostile review to it several weeks back. I was wondering what he had against musicals based on Abba* music. But, as it turns out. He is right. The movie really does suck!

Useful Links:

http://www.edendrivein.com

http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

*- According to the NPR show "Sound Opinions," Abba is now topping the pop charts in the UK. I guess the Swedish pop music band from the '70s will be with us for some time to come. As it is, I just can't get "Take a Chance on Me" out of my head anyway!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the "Mamma Mia" trailer never looked very promising. And who wants to hear third-rate versions of those admittedly catchy ABBA tunes, anyhow? Lol, "Take A Chance On Me" has been a favorite of mine for decades! I recall my brother singing along to it in my aunt's rented T-Bird in Vegas in 1978!