Monday, August 11, 2008

And Now a Word from Our Sponsor's......Poutnik Beer!

 I had a chance to see the surprisingly good Kevin Costner movie "Swing Voter" today while taking a break from my 'golf trip' (more on that later) in Durham, NC- where Costner's "Bull Durham" was filmed 20 years ago. (And, Costner was also in the golf film "Tin Cup"- which is better, but alas much less popular than "Caddyshack").

The new comedy, which also stars Dennis Hopper, uses humor to clearly illustrate how Americans are more or less as politically divided as Greeks and Turks are on the island nation of Cyprus (forgive the ethnic humor).

But, there are a few things all of us seem to agree on. And, with the exception of corporate CEOs, I think it's safe to assume that most of us hate all the effin commercials that come on the screen during the Olympics.

Thus to make fun of this nuisance, I am going to occasionally post moc advertisements for goods that either no longer exist (do they still make Honeycombs cereal?) or are hard as hell to find here in les estats unis.

And, what better place to start than with Poutnik Beer. This is a real brew from the Czech Republic. To my knowledge, it is going to hard to find in America, but then again I'm no expert on beer distribution.

I've only had one Czech beer in my life, and that was Pilsner Urgel (which is available in America) and it was quite good. So, I will assume Poutnik kicks ass too! And, therefore, so should you..........

Oh, if one is wondering if I was sober while typing this up. The answer is definitely yes, though I am bit giddy. I will blame that on all the Devo music I was listening on the drive to Durham.

I need to work on my putting though, as it did alas cost me a trip to The Bahamas! (and, that is not a joke...)

Useful Links: 

http://www.czechbeerguide.com

http://pivouvarpoutnik.cz

http://coasters2.netfirms.com

(Where the image came from)

No comments: